Lactation Spinach Muffins
- 2 eggs Medium
- 150 ml milk almond/ full cream
- 75 g butter melted
- 1 spring onion chopped
- 75 g baby spinach organic, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 250 g self raising flour unbleached, organic
- 1/2 cube vegetable stock organic, low or no sodium cube
- 1 pinch salt and pepper optional
- 150 g cheddar cheese optional
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 350f and line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
- Gently whisk the eggs in a large bowl and stir in the milk and melted butter. Mix in the grated cheese(optional), spring onion, baby spinach and diced pepper.
- Finally, add in the flour, salt and pepper (if using) and crumble in the stock cube and mix just enough until all the ingredients have combined.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin cases and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked through (a skewer stuck into the middle should come out dry).
- These muffins can be frozen once they have cooled completely. To defrost simply leave out for a few hours or overnight.