Avocado Bacon with Egg
- 1 Whole avocados Organic
- 2 Whole eggs free range
- 1 piece bacon crumbled
- 1 Piece cheese
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- preheat oven to 200d
- With a spoon, scoop out some of the avocado so it's a tad bigger than your egg and yolk. Place in a muffin pan to keep the avocado stable while cooking.
- Crack your egg and add it to the inside of your avocado. Sprinkle a little cheese on top with a pinch of salt. Top with cooked bacon.
- Cook for 14-16 minutes. sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
TIPS FOR BAKED EGGS IN AVOCADO
- Make sure your avocados are room temperature and not refrigerated.
- Scoop out about 1-1.5 tablespoons of avocado to create enough room for your egg. But scoop wide versus deep. If you scoop deep, it will take longer for the egg to cook.
- Use large eggs. Extra large or jumbo will be too big for the avocado.
- Keep the avocados upright and level by using a small baking dish, ramekins, or even a muffin tray.
- There are two ways to insert the egg. You can either gently crack the egg and let any whites overflow into your baking dish (it’ll happen). Or, you can crack the egg into a small bowl, then use a spoon to transfer the yolk into the avocado first and add just enough egg white to fit the cavity. Either way works.