This version of congee requires no translation: It’s oat porridge with a twist. Everyone in the family can enjoy. Oats deliver excellent nutrition and energy and fortify mom’s lactation/ Chia adds an extra protein kiick. To make it extra easy to digest and to cut a few minutes off the cooking time, soak the oats in water for a few hours.
Oats & Chia Congee
- 5 tablespoon rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seed organic
- 2 cups water
- 1.5 tablespoon condensed milk
- Boil 2 cups ( 1 L) water to a boil.
- Add rolled oats
- Reduce the heat to medium and let cook. Cover 3/4 of the top of the pot for 10 mins
- Reduce heat and simmer for another 15 mins; add more water if needed
- Add the chia seeds and condensed milk, stirring occasionally so the seeds separate and incorporate into the mixture. Once the grains are soft and creamy, and most of the liquid are absorbed, remove from heat
- When ready to eat, serve warm with milk.
- Add Singapore Lactation Bakes's Lactation granola and fresh fruits to add the extra crunch and flavours.