Chicken Barley Soup
Milk Booster: Barley, Garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole onion chopped
- 227g g button mushroom sliced
- 2 whole Carrot peeled and diced
- 450 g baby potato diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 900ml vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup pearl barley rinsed under cold water
- 2 pc chicken breast cubeds
- 1 cup green pea
- Heat a large pot over medium. Add oil, then onion. Cook until onion starts to soften, about 3 min.
- Add broth, water and barley. Boil, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, covered, until barley is tender, about 25 min. Stir in chicken and peas until chicken is cooked through, about 10 min.